About usFacultyFacilitiesCourse StudyActivitiesAchievements
The Department of Telugu in Sir Theagaraya College has a glorious past having many of the reputed Telugu scholars as faculty. Dr.Thimmavajjhala Kodandaramaiah, a reputed scholar was in the Department before moving to S.V.University and then to Madurai Kamaraj University. Dr.C.R.Sarma, a great scholar in Dravidian languages was in the Department before taking up the job as Regional Secretary, Sahitya Akademi and then Professor at Madurai Kamaraj University.
A number of unique events were conducted:
In 2016 Ashtavadham of Dr. Meadsani Mohan was conducted, which is the first of its kind in the college. Harikatha of Sri Venkateswara Bhagavatar was conducted in 2017 is also another unique programme. Literary programmes viz. Telugu Bhasha Visishtata, Bharatamloleeni Bharata Kathalu, Telugu Bhasha Vaibhavam, Telugu Tamila Sahitya Sambandhalu, Literary quiz program and many more were conducted in the department. The Department has conducted a five day Online Faculty Development Programme in June 2020. Also the department conducted an International Webinar in highlighting the achievements of Prof. R.V.S. Sundaram, an alumni of our college.
Qualification : M.A.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.,
Content will be available soon….
- Asthavahanam by Dr. Medasani Mohan
- Literary Competition
- Bharathamlo Leni Bharatha Kathalu by Dr. L.B. Sankar Rao Former, Professor, Presidency College.
- Debate, Essay writing, Elocution competition
- Harikatha – Srinivasa kalyanam by Sri. .Venkateshwaral Astana VidwankanchikamakotiPeetham, Astana Vidwamsulu,TTD
- Telugu Basha Vishistatha Organized by Telugu Vignana samithi,Department of Telugu
- Literary Relationship of Telugu and Tamil by Dr. M. Sampath Kumar, Professor & Head, Department of Telugu, Director, Oriental research Institute, University of Madras.
- Conducted National Level Quiz Programme on Telugu Literature
- Organized a Five day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Telugu Language, Literature and Journalism. Participants worldwide Participated.
- Organized a two day webinar on “Life & works of Prof.R.U.S.Sundaram”.
Achievements of Dr. M. Munirathnam
- Serving as NSS Programme Officer from 7/11/2016 onwards.
- Served as a member in the Board of Studies in Telugu IDE for both UG and PG., University of Madras.
- Chairperson, Periyar University, Board of Question paper Setters for Telugu Foundation Course.
- Gave a Talk in the All India Radio/ Doordarshan titled: 1. Veedi Natakam Daruvulu 2. Telugu Basha Vistrutik iPatrikala Thotpaatu.
- Received a prize for his Telugu poem in the Poets meet conducted by The Potti Sreeramulu Memorial Building Management Committee (Government of A.P)
- Delivered a poem and received an appreciation along with a prize from Dr.CMK Reddy and Prof.M. Sampath Kumar on the Eve of 90 Years Celebration of The Department of Telugu, University of Madras held On 03.04.2019.
- Has been felicitated by the Cultural Development of Government of A.P And Telugu Rakshana Vedika forhis service rendered for “The Development of Telugu Language” on the Eve of Krishna Pushkarams.
- Received a Lifetime Achievement award from the Department of Telugu, University of Madras on the eve of 90 years Celebrations
- Appreciated for rendering a best poem in the National Poets meet held at Sri Kalahasti, A.P.
- Participated and delivered a poem in the 24 Hours Non Stop Poetry Rendering Program organized by The Department of Telugu, University of Madras and was recognized and listed in the World Record by ‘Wonder Book of Records International’ and as National Record by ‘Telugu Book of Records’.
- Acted as an Organizing Secretary and presented a research paper in the International Webinar on “ACHARYA MADABHUSHI SAMPATH KUMAR SAHITYA SAMALOCHANA” Organized by the Department of Telugu, University of Madras, Chennai – 600 005.
- Received a certificate of appreciation and a memento from the Bharathi Talaimurai Poruppu Mayyam an NGO in appreciation of the teachers Best Performance in the social services through NSS.
- Telugu students have participated and won the First Prize in the Quiz Program held at D.G. Vaishnava College, Chennai.