Motto: AWARE, ALERT and ACT
Citizen Consumer Club is a consumer forum of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Government of Tamil Nadu. Citizen Consumer Club of our college is established for the purpose of spreading the awareness about consumer rights amongst all consumer segments and to help consumers get justice when affected. The club works on the motivational zeal of consumer groups and also on creating awareness among students at a very young age and through them the general public. To enable students understand fundamental rights of citizen and make them realize and learn the fundamental duties of a good citizen. The students equip themselves for teamwork and whole heartedly help the consumers in upholding their rights and fundamental rights.
- To create awareness among the consumers on their rights as per the Consumer rights act 1986.
- To reach out to the public, both near and far, in order to educate them about their rights and responsibilities as consumers.
- To help students understand fundamental rights for all consumer segments of a citizen, as well as to make them aware of and learn the fundamental duties of a good citizen.
- To spread awareness on consumer rights amongst all consumer segments to students.
- To emerge as the best citizen consumer club at State Level adjudged by the Commissioner of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection through the State Government to Government of India.
Activities of Citizen Consumer Club
- Citizen Consumer Club, and the Federation of Consumer Organizations Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry jointly organized the “National Consumer Day” on 14th December 2018, in our College. In connection with that various competitions such as Essay Writing, Oratorical, and Drawing were conducted. The prizes were distributed to the winners on the occasion of National Consumer Day Celebration, organized by FEDCOT, on 24th December 2018, at YMCA, Auditorium, Chennai.
- The “International Consumer Protection Rights Day Celebration 2019” was jointly organized by the Citizen Consumer Club and Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department on 14th March 2019. Mrs. M. Nagammal, Assistant Commissioner, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Royapuram, Chennai delivered a lecturer in “Consumer awareness”.