About usFacultyFacilitiesCourse StudyActivitiesAchievements
The Department of commerce [Accounting and Finance] was started in the year 2014 with the aim of imparting specialized knowledge to students who wish to pursue professional courses like CA, CWA, and CS. The department offers Outcome Based Education (OBE) through a wide range of subjects like accounting, taxation, law, banking, financial management along with other skill based subjects to equip the students with knowledge which will enable them to compete in the competitive world.
The Department has proficient and well experienced staff members who work without prejudice to their academic assignments. it also conducts seminars, motivational speeches and personality development programme on regular basis for the betterment of the students.
Dr. M. Thilagavathy
Assistant Professor & HOD I/C
Qualification : M.Com., M.Phil., MHRM., MBA., Ph.D.,
Qualification : M.Com. MBA, M.Phil., SET
Qualification : M.Com.,M.Phil., NET
- Language Lab
- Department Library
- Computer Lab
- Digital Board for Online Classes
- Cancer awareness program was organized especially for women students in the year 2018.
- GST awareness program was organized in the year 2019. The chief guest of the program was C A Vetri VIdiyal Srinivasan.
- Women’s Day is celebrated along with women students and staff every year.
- Students actively participated in inter-departmental competitions conducted in the year 2019 and won various prizes.
- Students won runner up in out-door game (cricket)
- Few students actively participated in inter-departmental competitions and have won prize certificates in in-door game (carrom)
- The Staff members publish Research articles in reputed UGC – care list and peer Reviewed journals
- A few Staff Members act as Resource persons for the National and International Seminar, Conferences and Workshops.